Since January 1st, 2011 the Rome Municipal Council has introduced a City tax which is in addition to current VAT taxes, applicable to any person staying in overnight accommodation inside Rome’s boundaries at the end of each stay.
The terms and conditions related to this measure/tax are the following:
- 3 € PER PERSON, PER NIGHT for stays in 4-star hotels based in Rome
- Since September 1st, 2014 the amount has increased to 6 € PER PERSON PER NIGHT for stays in 4-star hotels based in Rome
- The City Tax is applicable for a maximum of 10 consecutive days
- It is to be settled by the hotel guest directly upon check-out
- Children under 10 years of age
- People that are getting medical care at sanitary structures in Rome and related Province after a hospital treatment
- One relative/helper per patient admitted to a health facility in the Province of Rome and within the period of hospitalization
- A professional bus driver and Rome tour-guide that are in Rome for work (1 tour-guide exempted per every 23 participants)
- On duty Security Force in the city of Rome
*The exemption will be granted upon presentation of self-certification at the check-in.
**The above may be subject to change according to Rome Municipal Council amendments and without further notice by the hotel